Cheese and Whiskey Fondue
A fun and festive starter for any dinner party, this cheesy fondue is served with soft bread cubes or toasted baguette slices.
- 1 cup (115 g) sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) whiskey
- 1 pound (454 g) cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon potato starch dissolved in 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) cold water
- Sauté onions in olive oil until soft.
- Place into the Vitamix container with the milk, whiskey and cheese in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn on machine and slowly increase to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Stop machine.
- Remove lid plug and add potato starch mixture through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a fondue pot to keep warm. Serve with bread cubes.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
What is potatoes starch and where can you find d it
Potato starch is just another form of starch, much like corn starch or tapioca starch. You can find it at your local grocery store.
Date published: 2016-06-01
Can the whiskey be replaced with white wine??
Yes it can.
Date published: 2016-02-26