- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) melted butter
- 2 graham crackers
- 8 ounces (227 g) cream cheese, cut into 8 cubes, room temperature
- Place dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix to combine fully. Set aside.
- Place egg, buttermilk and melted butter into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4, remove lid plug and slowly drop in cream cheese cubes through the lid plug opening, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Blend 10 seconds or until cream cheese is reduced to the size of large curd cottage cheese.
- Gently fold liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Batter should be slightly lumpy.
- For each pancake pour about ¼ cup (60 ml) batter on a hot, greased griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on top of batter, flip and continue cooking until the bottom is golden brown.
- Serve with Strawberry Syrup, fresh sliced strawberries, syrup or powdered sugar.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
What are the graham crackers used for in this recipe? Do you add them at the same time as the cream cheese so there are cracker bits in the pancakes?
You can crumble them with your dry ingredients in the mixing bowl, and then fold the liquid ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients in your mixing bowl for a graham cracker flavor, or you can break them up and add them at the end for smaller cookie pieces inside of your pancakes.
Date published: 2016-05-18
|Serving Size||1 pancake|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|