Cherry Breakfast Cake
Overflowing with sweet cherries and the perfect companion to your morning coffee.
- 1 1/2 cups (230 g) uncooked rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (60 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (165 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 g) butter spread
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) milk
- 1 cup (150 g) frozen sweet cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat a 9-inch x 9-inch (23 cm x 23 cm) baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place sugar, butter spread, egg substitute and milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds. Stop machine.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix well. Fold in fruit.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 square|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Cherry Breakfast Cake is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dodge from Tasty, but cook time is off I cooked this today for Christmas breakfast. It was very tasty, but the cook time is off. At 25 minutes, the center was still an oatmeal-like consistency. I cooked it for about 50 min total and the result was like bread pudding. Next time, I'd defrost the cherries before adding them; that might speed up the cook time.
Date published: 2016-12-25
Can I substitute fresh cherries for frozen? Would I need to add a little more liquid to compensate for the fresh cherries?
You can use fresh cherries in the recipe as is. Make sure to remove the pits before adding to the mixture.
Date published: 2016-07-27