Chicken Potato Spinach Soup
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) milk
- 1/2 small onion, peeled or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 3 (519 g) medium potatoes, baked or boiled, with skin (reserve 1 potato)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon spinach, cooked or frozen
- 5 ounces (140 g) chicken breast, skinned and boned, cooked and cut up
- Salt, to taste
- Place broth, skim milk, onion, two potatoes, and rosemary into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug.
- Add spinach and reserved potato through the lid plug opening and blend until potato is chopped, about 10 seconds.
- Drop in chicken and blend for an additional 5 seconds.
For recipe variation, use vegetable bouillon cubes and omit chicken stock to make this recipe suitable for vegetarian diets.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
I don't drink milk anymore. Can I use non-dairy milk, and if so what would you recommend?
I use Unsweetened Almond or Unsweetened Organic Soy for all my recipes. My kids are Vegan so no Dairy in our house.
Date published: 2015-11-17
I am about to throw away my old food processor and blender can I get a vita mix to do all that both of those would do?
It can definitely take the place of your blender and can do many of the same tasks as your food processor. Please check out Vitamix.com and you can look at all the different functions that it can do.
Date published: 2015-10-30
I don't care for Rosemary. What would be a good alternate herb to use?
A great substitute for rosemary is thyme.
Date published: 2015-11-07
Is that correct, one tablespoon of spinach?
For this recipe that is correct. You can always add more spinach to your liking!
Date published: 2015-10-12
Does the VitaMix heat the soup?
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|