Chicken Potato Spinach Soup
A home-style soup with the perfect blend of creamy and chunky texture. (A delicious use of last night's cooked chicken breast, too!)
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) milk
- 1/2 small onion, peeled or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 3 (519 g) medium potatoes, baked or boiled, with skin (reserve 1 potato)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon spinach, cooked or frozen
- 5 ounces (140 g) chicken breast, skinned and boned, cooked and cut up
- Salt, to taste
- Place broth, skim milk, onion, two potatoes, and rosemary into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug.
- Add spinach and reserved potato through the lid plug opening and blend until potato is chopped, about 10 seconds.
- Drop in chicken and blend for an additional 5 seconds.
For recipe variation, use vegetable bouillon cubes and omit chicken stock to make this recipe suitable for vegetarian diets.
Is this the soup recipe that comes with the Vitamix? I've been looking for that recipe and I thought this might be it.
In the ingredients it calls for 1 Tablespoon of spinach ?? Sounds crazy. Do you mean 1 cup ? This appears on-line at the bottom of the page showing my receipt for purchase of a Vitamix.
Can you double this recipe?
Buying a Vitamix & need a lot of protein but don't want all the salt. How do I cute it in this recipe?
Does the VitaMix heat the soup?
I don't drink milk anymore. Can I use non-dairy milk, and if so what would you recommend?
I am about to throw away my old food processor and blender can I get a vita mix to do all that both of those would do?
I don't care for Rosemary. What would be a good alternate herb to use?
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|