Chicken Potato Spinach Soup
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) milk
- 1/2 small onion, peeled or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 3 (519 g) medium potatoes, baked or boiled, with skin (reserve 1 potato)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon spinach, cooked or frozen
- 5 ounces (140 g) chicken breast, skinned and boned, cooked and cut up
- Salt, to taste
- Place broth, skim milk, onion, two potatoes, and rosemary into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug.
- Add spinach and reserved potato through the lid plug opening and blend until potato is chopped, about 10 seconds.
- Drop in chicken and blend for an additional 5 seconds.
For recipe variation, use vegetable bouillon cubes and omit chicken stock to make this recipe suitable for vegetarian diets.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Is that correct, one tablespoon of spinach?
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|