Chipotle Cheese Fondue
- 1 cup (240 ml) lager beer or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 to 1 1/2 canned chipotle chilies minced, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces (227 g) Gruyere cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces (227 g) Emmental cheese, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Place all ingredients, except cilantro, into the Vitamix container in order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and warm.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4. Remove lid plug.
- Add cilantro through the lid plug opening. Replace lid plug and blend for an additional 10 seconds.
- Pour mixture into fondue pot.
For cheese fondues, always start with cubed cheeses, cold from the refrigerator. For dippers, try plantain chips, tortilla chips, smoked or dry cured sausage, steamed seasonal vegetables, red pepper, and tomato wedges.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.