Chipotle Pepper Cream Sauce
For a little spice, this tofu cheese sauce includes chipotle pepper, and is delicious tossed over pasta or steamed veggies.
- 6 ounces (170 g) light tofu
- 3/4 Tablespoon fat free cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons (15 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons (10 g) grated Romano cheese
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) light butter spread
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, canned
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4 1/2-5 1/2 minutes until smooth and hot.
- Toss with hot pasta and serve.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Chipotle Pepper Cream Sauce is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by bsnowcpa from Rich and creamy, pretty healthy too This sauce had a wonderful texture, probably in large part due to the tofu - what a surprise! We like things a little spicier, so next time I'll add maybe 3/4 of a pepper. I put it on spaghetti squash and salmon burgers, I can see putting it on vegetables or zucchini noodles, sweet potatoes, chicken ... anything really. I plan on experimenting with using tofu in other flavor sauces.
Date published: 2016-09-27