Chocolate Espresso Fondue
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon instant espresso or coffee powder
- 3 Tablespoons (24 g) confectioners sugar
- 12 ounces (336 g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) brandy (optional)
- Place water, cream, coffee, sugar, and chocolate into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Pour into fondue pot and if desired, stir in brandy.
For dippers, try sponge cake, pound cake, sliced apples, sliced pears, marshmallows, strawberries, bananas, and fresh or canned pineapple chunks.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.