Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
A luxurious mix of chocolate and hazelnuts to complement crêpes, pretzels, and sweet strawberries.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) peanut oil
- 2 cups (300g) roasted hazelnuts, skins removed (room temperature)
- 2 cups (300g) chocolate chunks (50% dark; 50% milk; room temperature)
- Place peanut oil and hazelnuts into Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then High. Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- After about 1 minute when a smooth butter has formed, reduce speed to Variable 8.
- Add chocolate, a little at a time through the lid plug opening, tamping only if necessary.
- Once all of the chocolate has been added, increase speed to Variable 10 and blend an additional 10-30 seconds.
- Thicken in the refrigerator.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|