Chocolate Ice Cream
Nothing beats a bowl of homemade chocolate ice cream made with real, simple ingredients. Make it your own by adding your favorite ingredients during the last few seconds of processing, such as chopped walnuts or chocolate chips.
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (35 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (35 g) nonfat dry milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups (960 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In about 45 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
can we just omit the chocolate to make it vanilla?
Is there a way to use the Vitamix750 to make powdered cocoa starting with Dark Chocolate blocks 60%, or from chocolate chips? Is it similar to whole kernel process to make flour. How about grinding roasted coffee beans?
I just bought a vitamix and am wondering if there are any issues with ice cream, peanut butter, or thicker consistency foods sticking to the bottom of the mixer-- any tips on how to avoid this problem? Thank you!
could I use vanilla yogurt instead of milk?
what can I use as a substitute for non fat dry milk (Im nit dairy free, just wanted to know if there was another option)
I just bought the 6500 model yesterday. The demonstrator showed us chocolate ice cream but did not use frozen milk. Is that recipe any where on here?
If you use the frozen chocolate ice cubes how do you alter this recipe, where finding it hard to do chocolate for some reason
How do I make ice cream using the Vitamix CIA model without variable speeds?
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 120 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|