- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chocolate syrup
- 1 cup (240 ml) vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream
- 1 cup (240 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
As a non-dairy alternative, use soy milk and soy ice cream. For recipe variation, add 2 tablespoons (37 g) malted milk powder for a Chocolate Malt.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Chocolate Shake is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cjdyck from Excellent recipe and great results. Vitamix creates another masterpiece. My son has even learned how to use it.
Date published: 2015-10-11
Can you use cocoa powder instead of syrup?
You may use cocoa powder if you would like. Cocoa powder is usually unsweetened so the milkshake will not be as sweet as when you would use syrup. If you would like a similar sweetness purchase a sweetened cocoa powder.
Date published: 2015-11-18
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|