Chocolate and Cookies Freeze
- 3 chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup (240 ml) chocolate milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 2 Tablespoons (10 g) cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons (8 g) nonfat dry milk
- 2 bananas, peeled, frozen
- 2 cups (480 ml) ice cubes
- Put the cookies into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 2 and pulse on and off 1-2 times to break up the cookies into small pieces. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Put the remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Stir in cookies and serve immediately. Do not over mix or melting will occur.
This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers. To make this a wheat and gluten-free recipe, substitute chocolate chips instead for the cookies
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Mine turned into a milkshake. Good, but not what I was going for. The mounds didn't form. Is it possible my bananas were too large or not frozen enough?
It is possible, you may want to try again with bananas straight from the freezer, we suggest you cut & peel prior to freezing them for a more even blend, this will also cut the blending time down. Make sure you are taking your machine to ten and high when blending, this recipe should only take about 40 seconds.
Date published: 2016-05-03
can you freeze it for use later?
You can certainly freeze this for later. We suggest freezing in a separate container, covered. Another great way to save this is to freeze in silicone ice cube trays so that you may pop the cubes out, add a little liquid to your container and re-blend for a nice, smooth texture.
Date published: 2016-04-27
Can I use almond milk instead of nonfat dry milk? If not, what are my options to make without milk?
Yes you can use almond milk to replace the chocolate milk and nondairy dry milk.
Date published: 2016-03-20
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 66 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|