Chocolate and Cookies Freeze
Chocolate ice cream is taken to the next level with your favorite cookie mix-ins.
- 3 chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup (240 ml) chocolate milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 2 Tablespoons (10 g) cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons (8 g) nonfat dry milk
- 2 bananas, peeled, frozen
- 2 cups (480 ml) ice cubes
- Put the cookies into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 2 and pulse on and off 1-2 times to break up the cookies into small pieces. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Put the remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Stir in cookies and serve immediately. Do not over mix or melting will occur.
This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers. To make this a wheat and gluten-free recipe, substitute chocolate chips instead for the cookies
I'm allergic to bananas, is there a substitute?
What amount of chocolate chips do we use to substitute chocolate chip cookies for chocolate chips?
Mine turned into a milkshake. Good, but not what I was going for. The mounds didn't form. Is it possible my bananas were too large or not frozen enough?
can you freeze it for use later?
Can I use almond milk instead of nonfat dry milk? If not, what are my options to make without milk?
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 66 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|