Cold Strawberry Soup
Fresh strawberries and Grand Marnier make this a pleasant dessert soup to serve at summer gatherings. Chill the soup overnight for a cool refreshment on a hot summer day.
- 1 quart (525 g) strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/3 cup (66 g) granulated sugar
- 2 ounces (60 ml) Grand Marnier or strawberry liqueur
- 3 cups (120 ml) heavy cream
- 3 cups (720 ml) apple juice or cider
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Strawberry slices for garnish
- In a large nonreactive bowl, combine the quartered strawberries, sugar, and liqueur and refrigerate for at least 2 and up to 24 hours.
- Working in batches, add the berries with their juices into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 25 seconds, or until smooth.
- Transfer purée to a large bowl and repeat process with remaining berries.
- Add the heavy cream, apple juice, honey, and lemon juice to the berry purée. Whisk to blend ingredients completely.
- Chill the soup at least 4 and up to 24 hours.
- Serve the soup chilled in cups garnished with a slice of strawberry.
Chef's Tip: In addition to Grand Marnier, try substituting other cordials or liqueurs, such as Chambord, a raspberry-flavored liqueur, or amaretto, an almond-flavored liqueur.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||34 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||46 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|