- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup (120 g) chopped onion
- 18 ounces (519 g) russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch (1.3 cm) cubes
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable stock
- 3 fresh corn ears, shucked, kernels removed OR 3 cups frozen corn kernels, divided use
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Sauté onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, stock, and 1 cup corn. Simmer with lid on until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place mixture and milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Return mixture to saucepan over low heat. Stir in remaining corn and season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Corn Chowder is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by pedrito from Good chowder base, needs a little more seasoning A little bland, added a mild chile and paprika on the second batch... very tasty.
Date published: 2015-10-14
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|