Cranberry Nut Bread
- 1 cup (100 g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded, quartered
- 1 - 2 inch (2.5 cm-5 cm) strip orange peel or lemon peel
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light olive oil
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (46 g) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch (22 cm x 11 cm) loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray or shortening.
- Place Vitamix Container on blender base and select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3. Remove the lid plug and drop cranberries through lid plug opening just until chopped. Stop; scrape sides and remove chopped cranberries.
- Place orange quarters, peel, olive oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla into the Vitamix Container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper as necessary to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In a large-size mixing bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and whole wheat flour; stir well.
- Pour orange mixture into bowl containing dry ingredients. Mix by hand JUST until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir chopped nuts into the batter; do not over mix.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 30 minutes, then carefully remove from loaf pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.
To make Whole Wheat Flour with whole kernel wheat: Place 1 1/2 cups (270 g) whole kernel wheat into the Vitamix Dry Grains Container and secure lid.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Cranberry Nut Bread is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ValJuleo from LOVED IT ! This was my first recipe with my new Vitamix …I and no whole wheat flour but I replaced with almond flour…moist and not too sweet ! it was terrific ! I did it again.
Date published: 2015-12-20
When do you add the cranberries back into the mixture?
Add the chopped cranberries in the same step as the walnuts.
Date published: 2016-04-01
can I use my 32 ounce dry container on the 7500 motor base?
Yes you can use the 32 ounce dry container on the 7500.
Date published: 2016-01-06
I have the vitamin VM1030 wet blades, but I want to know if I can use it for grains and dough or I have to buy the dry blade container..?.
The wet blade container can be used to do blend grains and dough. The dry blade container is made to be more efficient at these task so if you are doing a lot of grains and doughs you may want to purchase the dry grain container.
Date published: 2016-02-19
There are no instuctions as to what is in the Vitamix when you turn it to Variable 1 then slowly increasing speed to Variable.. What is in the Vitamix?????? Really poor instructions....
... and that said... the cranberries flew all over! lol... I would recommend putting them in the cannister, and pulsing a few times instead... then proceed with recipe. :)
Date published: 2016-01-05
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||42 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|