Cranberry Nut Bread
- 1 cup (100 g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded, quartered
- 1 - 2 inch (2.5 cm-5 cm) strip orange peel or lemon peel
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light olive oil
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (46 g) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch (22 cm x 11 cm) loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray or shortening.
- Place Vitamix Container on blender base and select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3. Remove the lid plug and drop cranberries through lid plug opening just until chopped. Stop; scrape sides and remove chopped cranberries.
- Place orange quarters, peel, olive oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla into the Vitamix Container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper as necessary to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In a large-size mixing bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and whole wheat flour; stir well.
- Pour orange mixture into bowl containing dry ingredients. Mix by hand JUST until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir chopped nuts into the batter; do not over mix.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 30 minutes, then carefully remove from loaf pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.
To make Whole Wheat Flour with whole kernel wheat: Place 1 1/2 cups (270 g) whole kernel wheat into the Vitamix Dry Grains Container and secure lid.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.