Cream of Asparagus Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) asparagus spears, cooked (reserve one cup pieces for garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) half and half
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place asparagus and chicken broth into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until hot. Reduce to Variable 2; remove lid plug.
- Add half and half through the lid plug opening. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve over reserved asparagus spears.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Cream of Asparagus Soup is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 2 out of 5 by rumbamel from Lacks flavor. This is my third time trying a soup in the vitamix and all 3 times they lacked flavor. I was able to tolerate the taste of this one with some cheese, but my poor family was adding all sorts of things to make it better. The family suggested to not blend everything to death.
Date published: 2015-11-10
I made broccoli soup in my Vita Mix and although the flavor was good, the "mouth feel" was not good! It was too foamy! I turned the machine on, slowly increased the variable speed and then turned it on High for the remainder of the "cooking" time.
To create a thicker creamier soup add more steamed broccoli to create the better mouth feel. You may add a tablespoon or two of flaxseed to help decrease foam.
Date published: 2015-10-28
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|