Cream of Asparagus Soup
The vibrant green color of this asparagus purée makes it as beautiful as it is delicious.
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) asparagus spears, cooked (reserve one cup pieces for garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) half and half
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place asparagus and chicken broth into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until hot. Reduce to Variable 2; remove lid plug.
- Add half and half through the lid plug opening. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve over reserved asparagus spears.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|