Cream of Potato Soup
With the addition of onion, carrot, celery and cauliflower, this creamy potato soup has plenty of flavor. Blend to a smooth purée, or add reserved veggies toward the end of processing to create texture.
- 1½ cup (360 ml) milk
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) water
- 2 russet potatoes, quartered
- ½ cup (80 g) onion, peeled, diced
- 1 carrot, halved
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup (100 g) cauliflower
- 1½ vegetable bouillon cube
- Cook potatoes in microwave for 8 minutes.
- Place onion, carrot, celery and cauliflower in a 2-quart (1.9 l) saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until tender.
- Set aside 1 heaping cup of cooked vegetables.
- Place remaining vegetables, bouillon, potatoes, and milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3 minutes using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug.
- Add reserved vegetables and water through the lid plug opening.
- Blend an additional 5 seconds. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|