Cream of Potato Soup
With the addition of onion, carrot, celery and cauliflower, this creamy potato soup has plenty of flavor. Blend to a smooth purée, or add reserved veggies toward the end of processing to create texture.
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 2 (276 g) small russet potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup (55 g) chopped onion
- 1 (60 g) carrot, halved
- 1 (40 g) rib celery, halved
- 1 cup (100 g) cauliflower, cut in pieces
- 1 1/2-2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable cooking water, see recipe
- Cook potatoes in microwave for 8 minutes.
- Place onion, carrot, celery and cauliflower in a 2-quart (1.9 l) saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until tender.
- Set aside 1 heaping cup of cooked vegetables.
- Place remaining vegetables, bouillon, potatoes, and milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3 minutes using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug.
- Add reserved vegetables and water through the lid plug opening.
- Blend an additional 5 seconds. Serve immediately.
Do the potatoes get gummy like they do if you whip them too long with a mixer?
I just order my Vitamix and I can't wait to make this soup but I will like to ask if anybody knows if there is any bouillon in the market that will be MSG free?
Can i use small white potatoes instead of the russet potatoes and cook them on the stove instead of the microwave?
Can you use rice milk in this?
is this recipe gluten free?
can I substitute almond milk for regular milk?
Please clarify what to do with the two 1/3 cups of water. And what is the "vegetable water", 1/3 cup from the veggies after you cook them?
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|