Crunchy Apple Salsa
The perfect blend of sweet and spicy, this salsa is delicious with tortilla chips or combined with chicken as a taco filler.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 1 (70 g) small onion, peeled, halved or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 1/2 lime, peeled
- 2 (364 g) Granny Smith apples, seeded, halved, quartered
- 1/2 (5 g) jalapeño pepper, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|