Cucumber Melon Smoothie
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy milk
- 1 cup (150 g) green grapes
- 1 1/2 cups (240 g) cantaloupe chunks
- 1/2 cup (65 g) peeled and chopped cucumber
- 1 cup (170 g) honeydew chunks
- 1 small lime, peeled, halved
- 1 cup (240 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
This is a wonderful summertime recipe that tastes best with very ripe seasonal honeydew and cantaloupe.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Vitamix listed this recipe as one we could make a freezer pack for ready to go smoothies. Does freezing the cucumber change the flavor or affect the nutritional content? I would ask this same question re. the carrot in the Everything Smoothie. Thx!!
Keeping these ingredients frozen should not alter the flavor profile very much. If you feel it is diluting the flavor you can keep some ingredients fresh and add them before blending.
Date published: 2016-05-24
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|