Curried Carrot Soup
- 6 (366 g) medium carrots, cut in large pieces
- 1 (70 g) small onion, chopped
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) plain soy milk
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 lemon, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until steam escapes through lid. Serve immediately.
For recipe variation, use 2%, skim or low fat milk instead of soy milk.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.