Dutch Apple Baby
A fluffy pancake with the warm and juicy flavors of cinnamon apple. Just a touch of vanilla and breakfast is served!
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) heart-healthy butter spread
- 3 large apples, cored, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs or 3/4 cup (180 ml) egg substitute
- 1/2 cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) low fat milk or soy milk
- 1 Tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream or low fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate with cooking spray.
- Sauté sliced apples in butter with sugar and cinnamon until slightly soft.
- Transfer to prepared pie plate.
- To make batter, place remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour over apples. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Dutch Apple Baby is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by an7hagan from Very easy, delectable, and a perfect brunch dish This is perfect recipe to make for brunch. Very easy and quick to make. My only recommendation is to add a little more sugar to the recipe. The family loved it. We topped ours with whipped cream.
Date published: 2015-12-27