Endive Salad with Roasted Pears, Hazelnuts, & Blue Cheese
- 2 unpeeled ripe pears, firm
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 head baby frisée
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 1 small head radicchio, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups (80 g) cups baby arugula
- Dish D’Lish Cranberry Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- 1/2 cup (68 g) crumbled blue cheese
- 2/3 cup (40 g) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (58 g) hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, and coarsely chopped
- To roast the pears: Preheat oven to 500°F (260˚C). Core, then cut crosswise into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- Whisk the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, then gently toss the pears in the mixture.
- Spread the pears on a rimmed baking sheet lightly sprayed with vegetable-oil cooking spray and roast for 7 to 10 minutes, or until lightly caramelized.
- Place the roasted pears in the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Prepare Dish D'Lish Cranberry Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- Cut the root end and about 1-inch (2.5 cm) of the top off the frisée.
- Rinse the frisée thoroughly, separate the head into leaves, and spin dry.
- Cut the stem ends off the endive, halve the heads lengthwise, then cut lengthwise into thin strips.
- Toss the frisée and endive in a large, deep bowl with the remaining greens and about 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the vinaigrette.
- Divide the greens among large dinner plates. Top each salad with pears, cheese, cranberries, and hazelnuts, dividing evenly. Pass additional dressing.
Note: You can make the pears up to 1 day in advance. If you do, cool them thoroughly before refrigerating, then bring to room temperature about 1 hour before serving.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Endive Salad with Roasted Pears, Hazelnuts, & Blue Cheese is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 1 out of 5 by miczachary from Awful, confusing recipe Recipe for vinagrette not available and writer doesn't say how much of the pears go in the salad and how much in the blender
Date published: 2016-03-19
Recipe for vinagrette not available. Don't understand----are you blending some of the pears and reserving some not blended for the salad. Recipe confusing.
Thank you for this, we will work on making it more user friendly.
Date published: 2016-04-01
I am confused about the pears. Do you roast them, then blend them in Vitamix as stated?
Yes roast the pears first and then blend them.
Date published: 2015-11-13
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|