Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 6 medium Roma tomatoes, quartered or 4 cups (665 g, 23.5 oz) chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled, halved or about 1/3 cup (48 g, 1.7 oz) chopped
- 1 small carrot, halved or about 1/3 cup (51 g, 1.8 oz) chopped
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Pour into a saucepan. Simmer for 35-40 minutes. Serve over pasta.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.