Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 6 medium Roma tomatoes, quartered or 4 cups (665 g, 23.5 oz) chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled, halved or about 1/3 cup (48 g, 1.7 oz) chopped
- 1 small carrot, halved or about 1/3 cup (51 g, 1.8 oz) chopped
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Pour into a saucepan. Simmer for 35-40 minutes. Serve over pasta.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Fresh Tomato Sauce is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 3 out of 5 by mom2ian from Great basic sauce Tried this for dinner tonight. The recipe makes a great foundation for whatever your tastes may be. I like a basic sauce that I can tweak to both my kids and husbands tastes.
Date published: 2015-12-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jack17 from So great! Used 5 Roma tomatoes and 1 shallot due to using what I had in the house. Turned out excellent. I honestly couldn't believe how easy it was
Date published: 2016-01-03
Rated 2 out of 5 by mmsansone from Taste fine, but no better than a jar of sauce. This is a very basic recipe. While it's not bad, it's not great either. For the cost of the ingredients you could purchase a good jar of sauce.
Date published: 2016-03-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by joanski from Stellar This was the first recipe I made after my initial purchase approximately one year ago.
Date published: 2016-03-30
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|