Garden Fresh Cocktail
A refreshing tomato juice for a healthy, on-the-go beverage or post-workout recovery.
- 1 cup (180 g) diced fresh or canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (15 g) fresh spinach, washed
- 1/4 cup (25 g) diced carrots
- 1 Tablespoon diced onion
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1/4 cup (40 g) diced sweet red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- Dash of salt (optional)
- 1 cup (240 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades, or until desired consistency is reached.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
Garden Fresh Cocktail is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Niki01319 from Delicious! Wonderful flavor! I doubled the recipe for my husband and myself and added a little extra onion and parsley. I also used a dash of kosher salt, celery salt and a couple sprinkles of cayenne pepper. I'm an avid juicer, so I'm still trying to get used to the blended texture. Other than that, I love this recipe. Will definitely make again.
Date published: 2016-01-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by KarenJ from Better than the store-bought vegetable juice! Great juice, and easily customizable. I added celery, cucumber, a bit of cayenne pepper, a spring of parsley and also cilantro. And because I was out of spinach, I used kale. I'm not sure if this is closer to a gazpacho or a juice, but it was very very tasty! And a great way to use up the little bits of leftover vegetable I had.
Date published: 2016-05-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by eLucy from If you are going for V8 this a great start.... Like the other reviewers, I think a little spice would make this taste a more like V8. My juice also turned out green even though I followed the recipe (next time I will use more tomatoes or less spinach because I want my V8 to be redish). Also if you blend according to the instructions you do get a good texture - take your time increasing the speed to 10.
Date published: 2016-10-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kmcolli from Yum My juice turned out more brownish/green. However it's probably because I used more spinach. The taste is awesome.
Date published: 2016-08-28