- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 1 cup (112 g) raw cashews
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/8 ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cut garlic bulbs in half and roast in a small baking dish for about 25 minutes or until soft. When cool, squeeze out softened garlic cloves, removing and discarding skins.
- Place water, garlic, cashews, nutritional yeast, and pepper into the Vitamix blender and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
This is a delicious and healthful garlic spread to have on hand to flavor raw vegetables, cooked vegetable dishes or to add extra flavor to soups and sauces.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Garlic Nutter is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by DJZZ from Delicious & Creamy! This recipe was so easy to make and didn't require me to use the tamper at all. I love how the flavor of the roasted garlic comes through. I want to spread this on everything!
Date published: 2016-03-15
What is the difference between yeast for making bread and nutritional yeast ?
Nutritional yeast is a vegan substitute for cheese and does not have anything to do with leavening.
Date published: 2016-01-06
Can this be made with the 'puree' setting on the Professional Series 750 (G-Series)?
In attempting to use the low profile container with this recipe you would have to double the ingredients to have it blend effectively on the puree setting. You can freeze the leftovers to use at a later date.
Date published: 2015-12-02
2 BULBS of garlic or 2 CLOVES of garlic?
This is two whole bulbs of garlic, not individual cloves.
Date published: 2015-12-11
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|