- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 1 cup (112 g) raw cashews
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/8 ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cut garlic bulbs in half and roast in a small baking dish for about 25 minutes or until soft. When cool, squeeze out softened garlic cloves, removing and discarding skins.
- Place water, garlic, cashews, nutritional yeast, and pepper into the Vitamix blender and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
This is a delicious and healthful garlic spread to have on hand to flavor raw vegetables, cooked vegetable dishes or to add extra flavor to soups and sauces.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.