A creamy butter substitute with garlic, cashews, and nutritional yeast, perfect for flavoring vegetables, soups, and sauces.
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 1 cup (112 g) raw cashews
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cut garlic bulbs in half and roast in a small baking dish for about 25 minutes or until soft. When cool, squeeze out softened garlic cloves, removing and discarding skins.
- Place water, garlic, cashews, nutritional yeast, and pepper into the Vitamix blender and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
This is a delicious and healthful garlic spread to have on hand to flavor raw vegetables, cooked vegetable dishes or to add extra flavor to soups and sauces.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|