- 3 cups (720 ml) tomato juice, fresh or canned
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, quartered or approximately 2 cups chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, quartered or approximately 1 1/2 cups chopped
- 1 (70 g) small onion, peeled, quartered or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 1 sweet green bell pepper, seeded, quartered or 3/4 cup chopped
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds.
- Stop machine, season soup and serve immediately.
Serve over additional chopped cucumbers and tomatoes.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.