Serve this traditional chilled soup over chopped cucumbers and tomatoes for a refreshing twist.
- 3 cups (720 ml) tomato juice, fresh or canned
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, quartered or approximately 2 cups chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, quartered or approximately 1 1/2 cups chopped
- 1 (70 g) small onion, peeled, quartered or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 1 sweet green bell pepper, seeded, quartered or 3/4 cup chopped
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds.
- Stop machine, season soup and serve immediately.
Serve over additional chopped cucumbers and tomatoes.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
How would this recipe be adapted to the low-profile container for the 750 Series? What pre-set? My attempts at this using these instructions have turned out to be a liquid mess. 30 seconds makes this a total liquid, not a chunky soup.
If you are having troublewith this recipe try blendiding these ingredients first, 3 cups (720 ml) tomato juice, fresh or canned 1/3 cup (80 ml) red wine vinegar 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil 2 large ripe tomatoes, quartered or approximately 2 cups chopped Then turn your machine back to variable 3-4 and add the remaining ingredients, while blending in low speed for about 10-15 seconds. 1 cucumber, peeled, quartered or approximately 1 1/2 cups chopped 1 (70 g) small onion, peeled, quartered or about 1/3 cup chopped 1 sweet green bell pepper, seeded, quartered or 3/4 cup chopped Dash of hot sauce (optional) Salt and pepper, to taste
Date published: 2016-06-21
I like the way this recipe reads--but why is it so different from the one in the Vitamix recipe book that came with my new model 5300? That receipe is confusing and talks about blending/chopping half of the ingredients and setting them aside first, etc.
And the one in the book never tells you what to do with the vegetables you put aside. It never tells you when to use them.
Date published: 2016-03-29