Serve this traditional chilled soup over chopped cucumbers and tomatoes for a refreshing twist.
- 3 cups (720 ml) tomato juice, fresh or canned
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, quartered or approximately 2 cups chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, quartered or approximately 1 1/2 cups chopped
- 1 (70 g) small onion, peeled, quartered or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 1 sweet green bell pepper, seeded, quartered or 3/4 cup chopped
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds.
- Stop machine, season soup and serve immediately.
Serve over additional chopped cucumbers and tomatoes.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
Gazpacho is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Amy7525 from Best Gazpacho Recipe Ever I can't believe no one has reviewed this recipe. I would own a Vitamix just to make this. I love it. For me the additional cucumbers and chopped fresh tomatoes are not optional, and I use a little jalapeno pepper instead of hot sauce. It's better the next day.
Date published: 2016-06-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Al at the beach from Fantastic at the beach! A spectacular recipe but at the beach try adding 1 small bottle of clam juice. Blend in short spurts so it's still just a bit crunchy. Then after all done would the add some cook kernels of corn and float some freshly steamed clams in bowls when serving. Note: I add the Tabasco in each bowl for those who like it on the bland side.
Date published: 2016-06-18
Rated 4 out of 5 by Kates from Fresh easy I made this and it was super easy. I used a fresh Jalepo pepper instead of hot sauce. I also added some lime juice and an avocado. Added some pine nuts on top to finish it.
Date published: 2016-09-10