Ginger Beet Purée
Bright colors and flavors meld into a smooth purée perfect for finishing off an elegant dish.
- 2 3/4 pounds (1.2 kg) fresh beets, about 3 large
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (72 g) almonds
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh chopped ginger root
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Clean and cut beets to leave 1-inch (2.5 cm) of stem. Double wrap beets in foil and roast for 2 hours. Cool.
- Peel beets, trim ends and cut into quarters.
- Place oil, beets, almonds, fresh ginger, cilantro, ground ginger, salt and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Switch machine to Start and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
- Blend for 20 to 25 seconds, using the tamper if necessary to press the ingredients into the blades.
Serve as an accompaniment to grilled fish, poultry or meat.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|