Ginger Citrus Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 orange, peeled, halved
- 1 lemon, peeled, halved
- 1 lime, peeled, halved
- 1 scallion, halved or 1 Tablespoon chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2-inch x 1/2 inch (13 cm x 13 cm other) piece fresh ginger root or 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste (See Recipe)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup (15 g) fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- Place vinegar, orange, lemon, lime, onion, mustard, fresh ginger, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Remove the lid plug and slowly add oils in a thin stream through the lid plug opening until emulsified.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and add parsley and cilantro.
- Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
Multi-purpose sauce that can be sued as a salad dressing or marinade.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Ginger Citrus Salad Dressing is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by CGla from Crowd Pleaser I made this for a Sunday Brunch serving around 17 people. The dressing and salad was a hit. I used romaine lettuce and spinach, sliced oranges, scallions and La Choy chow mein noodles. Very good.
Date published: 2015-12-21
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|