A great base for cooking Asian food, and as a replacement for powdered ginger in baking.
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) fresh ginger root, unpeeled
- Place ginger into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ginger into the blades.
- Cover a baking sheet with plastic wrap and place rounded teaspoons 1/2-inch (1.3 cm) apart.
- Freeze until solid and store in plastic bag.
Use half the amount of ginger paste if a recipe calls for ground ginger. Keep refrigerated 3 weeks or in the freezer for 6 months.
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|