Gingered Carrot Orange Soup
- 1 pound (454 g) carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled, sliced
- 1-inch-(2.5 cm) cube of fresh ginger root or 1 1/2 teaspoons Ginger Paste (See Recipe)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) reduced fat butter spread
- 4 cups (960 ml) vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 oranges, peeled, halved
- 1/4 inch (0.6 cm) piece orange peel
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté carrots, onions and ginger in butter spread until soft.
- Add 2 cups (480 ml) of broth. Simmer until tender.
- Place oranges, orange peel, and cooked vegetable mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds until smooth. Adjust consistency with remaining 2 cups (480 ml) of broth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve hot or cold. Garnish with light sour cream and chopped cilantro.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Gingered Carrot Orange Soup is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Angela from Quick soup, went over well Quick soup, good but not my favorite. I found the orange flavor somewhat overpowering, even though I only used 2 oranges (all I had onhand). With three it would have been even moreso, I imagine. Next time I will try it without the orange, maybe a tablespoon or two of OJ concetrate if it needs some sweetening.
Date published: 2015-10-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by K_likestocook from Favorite soup Made this soup for Easter for a family claiming they do not like carrots, and carrot soup....they all went back for seconds and continue to request this soup. Easy to make, we love it cold with a dollop of creme fraiche and a little sprinkle of Himalayan sea salt
Date published: 2015-11-22
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|