Glowing Green Smoothie
- 1 1/2-2 cups (360-480 ml) water
- 3/4 pound (340 g) organic romaine lettuce, rough chopped, about 1 head
- 1/2 head large bunch or 3/4 small bunch organic spinach
- 3-4 organic celery stalks, halved
- 1 organic apple, cored, seeded, quartered
- 1 organic pear, cored, seeded, quartered
- 1 organic banana, peeled
- 1/2 fresh organic lemon, peeled, seeded
- 1/3 bunch organic cilantro with stems (optional)
- 1/3 bunch organic parsley with stems (optional)
- Place water, romaine, spinach, celery, and optional ingredients, if using, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. Stop machine and remove lid.
- Add apple, pear, banana and lemon to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
Nutrition information is based upon usage of optional ingredients.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Glowing Green Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ginger from Suprisingly good! This was recommended by a friend. I was a little skeptical because there were so many greens. The flavor is very good and it is so filling because of all the fiber. My friend has it for breakfast for a great start to her day. I am going to make this my daily nutritional drink, too!
Date published: 2016-01-13
can i use regular lettuce instade of romain lettuce ?
Yes you can use regular lettuce in the same portion as Romaine.
Date published: 2016-01-17
Why core the apple and pear - or any fruit for that matter? The vitamix takes the whole fruit except the skin of lemons, pineapple, etc
The apple seeds are known to have traces of arsenic in them. So the recommendation is to core the apple.
Date published: 2016-02-07
Since this makes about 7 cups, can you store the remaining in the refrigerator and drink later? (Does it store well?)
Yes you can store in the container to drink at a later date. It may separate a little, but shake it and it will incorporate. You may also try cutting the recipe in half.
Date published: 2015-11-04
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|