Gluten-Free Sage Cornbread
Fresh sage accents the flavor in this gluten-free cornbread.
- 1 cup (120 g) cornmeal
- ¾ cup (80 g) brown rice flour
- ¼ cup (40 g) potato starch
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon (1 tbsp) fresh sage, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (240 ml) low fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup (60 m) honey
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Coat a 9-inch x 5-inch (23 cm x 13 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together the cornmeal, rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and fresh sage. Set aside.
- Place large egg, buttermilk, and honey into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir together. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until crisp and brown on top and sides. Cool 15 minutes before slicing.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
Can you make the rice flour with the dry grains container? If so, how?
Yes, place the rice into the container and secure the lid. Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to its highest level, blend until your desired consitancy.
Date published: 2017-05-08