Good Morning Green Smoothie
Fresh fruit blends harmoniously with chopped cucumber and broccoli in this vibrant breakfast smoothie.
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 cup (170 g) green grapes
- ¼ cup (35 g) cucumber, diced
- ½ kiwi, peeled
- ½ apple, seeded, cored
- ¾ cup (75 g) broccoli, chopped
- ½ inch (1.3 cm) slice lemon, peeled
- 1 cup (130 g) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Good Morning Green Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by JackieM from Great Recipe for New Users This simple recipe is great for someone new to smoothies!!!
Date published: 2015-11-10
Is it better to peel ingredients like apples, lemons or throw them in whole? Should I juice some of the fruits and vegetables then add them to the blender?
I am a Vitamix owner & yes I love it & use it daily. I do not peel my apples or pears. Skin on citrus such as lemons, grapefruit & oranges have a layer of white that can be quite bitter. For that reason I zest a small amount of the outer colored peel for flavor & nutrition. Then cut off all the skin & grind up the fruit. Yum!
Date published: 2017-06-21