Green Apple Ice Cream
With the versatility of spinach, you can even hide it in your dessert for a healthy treat with a beautiful, green color.
- 6 ounces (180 ml) apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups (60 g) packed fresh spinach
- 4 cups (960 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In about 40 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 120 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
Green Apple Ice Cream is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by coolkid9985 from tastes great great tasting and can't even tell it has spinach in it
Date published: 2016-01-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by Madison from Perfect for any age I made this recently for my friends who are picky eater. They loved it and could not even taste the spinach or the banana. I would recommend adding a little bit of lime juice to give it a little citris.
Date published: 2016-06-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mark1812 from Great dessert recipe Easy to make, tastes great and healthy. I can barely taste the spinach which I like anyway but was surprised how good this was.
Date published: 2016-02-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by Martha from Loved it Made this with added lime zest and it was fantastic !
Date published: 2016-01-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by HealthyEating from Awesome! Tasted this at a sampling at Costco. Wow! I never knew I could make "ice cream" with Vitamix. Will definitely try this next time at home.
Date published: 2016-04-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by chrissyfm from Green Ice Cream I gave this a shot in my Vitamix blender. Didn't quite come out the way it looks in the picture. It was edible, can't taste the spinach. Didn't get frozen enough, was a bit runny but I was using the guidelines in the recipe for the "C" series. I'll freeze the remainder and taste again tomorrow.
Date published: 2016-04-19