This traditional Mexican avocado dip, now an international favorite, combines tomato, onion, and fresh cilantro for zesty flavor. Served with tortilla chips, it makes a quick and easy appetizer for guests.
- 1 medium tomato, halved or 3/4 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup (10 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- You may need to stop the machine and run a spatula around the inside of the container to integrate ingredients.
- Do not over mix. Leave chunky. Serve with tortilla chips.
When doubling recipe, increase avocados to 4 and increase onion to 1/2 cup (80 g).
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|