Harvest Cheddar Soup
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) white wine
- 1/4 medium onion, peeled
- 1 stalk celery, halved
- 2 Granny Smith apples, quartered, seeded
- 2 potatoes, baked, quartered
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of white pepper
- 1 cup (115 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place chicken stock, wine, onion, celery, apples, potatoes, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug.
- Drop in cheese through the lid plug opening. Blend for an additional 15 seconds.
Garnish with sour cream and diced apples. This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Do the potatoes need to be cooked first?
The recipe says baked but I put the potatoes in the microwave for about 7 minutes. Much faster and worked fine!
Date published: 2015-10-26
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|