Japanese Miso-Shiitake Soup
Ani Phyo complements the earthy flavors of shiitake mushrooms with miso and fresh ginger in this vegan Japanese soup.
- 3 cups (227 g) shiitake or oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) soy sauce, preferably nama shoyu
- 1/2-1 cup (120-240 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons (52 g) miso, white or brown
- 1 x 1 inch (2.5 x 2.5 cm) cube fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 (3 g) garlic clove, peeled
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 1 (15 g) scallion, chopped
- Marinate mushrooms in soy sauce and 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil. Set aside to marinate.
- Place miso, remaining olive oil, ginger, garlic, and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- To serve, pour soup base into four bowls. Top each with marinated mushrooms and chopped scallions.
Soup base with toppings will keep for one day. Soup base will keep for four days, and toppings will keep for two days in the fridge when stored separately. This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||39 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|