Japanese Miso-Shiitake Soup
- 3 cups (227 g) shiitake or oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) soy sauce, preferably nama shoyu
- 1/2-1 cup (120-240 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons (52 g) miso, white or brown
- 1 x 1 inch (2.5 x 2.5 cm) cube fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 (3 g) garlic clove, peeled
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 1 (15 g) scallion, chopped
- Marinate mushrooms in soy sauce and 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil. Set aside to marinate.
- Place miso, remaining olive oil, ginger, garlic, and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- To serve, pour soup base into four bowls. Top each with marinated mushrooms and chopped scallions.
Soup base with toppings will keep for one day. Soup base will keep for four days, and toppings will keep for two days in the fridge when stored separately. This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Japanese Miso-Shiitake Soup is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by pinkattack from Love my Vita Mix I bought this well over 7 years ago. I had a Heart Attack and just wanted to feel and live better. This blender allows me to make some very healthy foods. I love the soups. Try raw people. It will turn your health completely around and if you want longevity in a product. You can't go wrong with this blender. I have had many friends get past the price for the quality and durability.
Date published: 2016-03-02
Rated 1 out of 5 by Mary Alice from Terrible! Yuk! Very thin, unflavorful! Mushroom prep needs to be rethought.
Date published: 2016-01-10
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||39 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|