A budget-friendly blend of kale and spinach create this vibrant pesto and a delicious serving of leafy greens.
- 4 cups (268 g) chopped kale
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 g) roasted red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons (14 g) toasted pepitas
- 1/2 cup (20 g) fresh spinach, loosely packed
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, blanch 4 cups (268 g) of kale for 4 minutes. Shock in a bowl filled with ice and water; strain. Once water has drained away, press out as much water as possible, leaving 1/2 cup of blanched kale.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 7.
- Using the On/Off switch to quickly pulse 15-20 times, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Serve over pasta, or with bruschetta and flatbread as a dip.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
What is a pepita?
A pepita is a pumpkin seed.
Date published: 2016-01-07