Kale and Leek Soup
- 1 (200 g) large leek, cleaned, sliced 1/4-inch-(.6 cm) thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 cups (335 g) fresh kale, chopped, stems removed
- 4 cups (960 ml) vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté leek in olive oil until soft. Add kale and cook until wilted.
- Add broth and cook for 30 minutes on low heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes or until temperature reaches 120°F (65°C).
- Place soup into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into pot and heat for 10 minutes, or just until it begins to simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Kale and Leek Soup is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by D Man from Pleasantly Surprised Made this a few days ago and took it to work for lunch. Thought it might be lacking without spices but the taste of the leek and kale with the backdrop of vegetable broth proved very worthy. Simple, filling and healthy.
Date published: 2015-10-30
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|