Kale and Pear Green Smoothie
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 orange, peeled, halved
- 1/2 ripe Bartlett pear, seeded, halved
- 1 small to medium size banana, peeled
- 1 cup (70 g) kale
- 2 cups (480 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Kale and Pear Green Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joe and Cate from best purchase our family has done this year! Vitamix makes eating better fun and easy. we all feel better including our two year old!
Date published: 2016-01-01
Do you keep the stems on the kale or chop them off?
Keeping the stems on the kale will make for a thicker smoothie so you may need to thin it out with more liquid.
Date published: 2015-12-28
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||26 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|