Leek, Artichoke and Potato Soup
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (89 g) leeks, white parts chopped (1 medium)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable broth
- 1- 9.9 ounce jar artichoke hearts in water, rinsed, drained
- 4 ounces (114 g) russet potatoes cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3-6 Tablespoons (45-90 ml) Kale Pesto (see recipe)
- Heat oil in a medium to large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until leeks are softened and translucent. Add broth, artichokes, potatoes, thyme leaves, and water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place mixture into the Vitamix container, add lemon juice, and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Serve immediately. Divide into bowls and garnish with 1 Tablespoon of Kale Pesto (see recipe).
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
How should this recipe be adjusted for a G series machine?
This recipe should not need any adjustments in using a G series machine.
Date published: 2015-10-31
does this make hot soups or do you have to heat on stove
The soup is heated on the stove before the blend. During the blending it will retain its heat so that you will have a hot soup to serve.
Date published: 2015-10-19
Are the potatoes uncooked when you add them to the pan in this recipe?
In this recipe it states to add the potatoes to the pot and bring it to a boil.
Date published: 2015-11-16
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|