The perfect filling for Lemon Bars or serve it chilled on top of your favorite dessert.
- ½ cup (120 ml) lemon juice
- 5 large eggs
- 1½ cup (335 g) granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 3 lemons
- ½ cup (110 g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Place lemon juice, eggs, sugar, salt and zest into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5 and remove the lid plug. Add butter, 1 piece at a time, through the lid plug opening incorporating butter completely between additions.
- Replace the lid plug and increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Chill before serving or allow to cool slightly and serve at room temperature.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Lemon Curd is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by jgonza715 from Best Lemon Curd ever! So easy and the result is an amazing lemon curd that can be used in so many ways. Filling cupcakes, tartlets, or dipping scones, it's tasty.
Date published: 2017-06-11
Rated 1 out of 5 by Ilse from Second try fail I tried for the second time it won't thicken up! Waste of ingredients
Date published: 2017-06-15
Could you let let me know how long this stays good for? and does it need refrigerating thanks
Yes it needs refrigerated, and it will last about 7 days.
Date published: 2017-03-23
I notice in the recipe for lemon curd that the heat option is not used, but my other lemon curd recipes call for heating to thicken. Does this thicken without heat?
The blades of the vitamix heat items from friction when blended at high speeds for an extended time line in this recipe. I use my vitamix for making caramel sauce and chocolate sauce. So much easier and no sugar crystals forming.
Date published: 2017-06-01