Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 1 lemon, peeled, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- Place lemon, hot sauce, garlic, paprika, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds to 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Reduce speed to Variable 7 and remove lid plug. While machine is running, slowly pour in oil through lid opening.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
If doubling, use 2 lemons, increase hot sauce to 1 teaspoon, paprika to 1 teaspoon, cumin to 1/2 teaspoon, and increase olive oil to 1 cup.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Lemon Garlic Dressing is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Corkysam from Good Recipe I tried this recipe because I like lemon based dressings. After I followed the recipe and mixed all the ingredients I found that the dressing was delicious although a bit tart, so to fix that problem I also added a small amount of sugar to offset the tartness of the lemon. One word of warning, if you want your dressing to be a nice yellow color (as pictured in the recipe), omit the paprika. The paprika adds no flavor that I am aware of and turns the dressing a light melon color, as in French dressing or thousand island.
Date published: 2016-03-31
Do you use the lemon peel with this recipe or juice the inside
You will want to use the actual lemon, not just the juice. However, if you include the peel it will make this dressing very bitter.
Date published: 2016-04-30
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|