Low Fat Alfredo Sauce
Minimum fat, maximum flavor. Perfect for a hurried weeknight, guilt-free, pasta indulgence.
- 1/2 pound (227 g) uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) skim milk
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (120 g) cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup (75 g) grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons light butter spread
- dash white pepper
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) milk mixed in 1 tablespoon potato starch
- Cook fettuccine in boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Place milk, garlic, flour, cream cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan, butter, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug. Add the potato starch mixture through the lid plug opening.
- Blend an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour over cooked fettuccine and toss until coated. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese before serving.
Add leftover grilled chicken and steamed broccoli to the sauce for a quick meal.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 serving (with fettuccine)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||51 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Low Fat Alfredo Sauce is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by AliS from Quick Alfredo! I just made this sauce, it is excellent! The cream cheese adds a velvety texture to the skim milk/ cottage cheese combo. I even used reduced fat -low sodium cottage cheese. I went to the store to buy the potato starch.... after reading about it, I'm glad I did. I also used black pepper because I'm not a fan of white pepper. I followed the times and mixing directions exactly. It was the easiest white sauce I have ever made. This is a must try.
Date published: 2016-01-17
What is the total liquid volume of recipe, I need 16 ozs of Alfredo Sauce for a recipe ?
This recipe will give you about 16 oz of Alfredo sauce.
Date published: 2016-08-02
Can corn starch be used instead of potatoes starch? It's difficult to find.
Yes you can use cornstarch as a substitute for potato starch.
Date published: 2016-05-22