Low Fat Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 pound (227 g) uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) skim milk
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (120 g) cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup (75 g) grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons light butter spread
- dash white pepper
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) milk mixed in 1 tablespoon potato starch
- Cook fettuccine in boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Place milk, garlic, flour, cream cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan, butter, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug. Add the potato starch mixture through the lid plug opening.
- Blend an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour over cooked fettuccine and toss until coated. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese before serving.
Add leftover grilled chicken and steamed broccoli to the sauce for a quick meal.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.