Low Fat Pumpkin Pie
- 1 cup (240 ml) egg substitute
- 3 1/2 cups (850 g) pumpkin, canned
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups (720 ml) evaporated low fat milk
- 3 unbaked 9-inch (22.5 cm) pie shells
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 20-25 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into three 9-inch (23 cm) unbaked deep-dish pie shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Bake for 40 minutes.
- Filling will be soft, but firms up as it sets and cools.
- Chill and serve topped with whipped topping.
For one pie, cut recipe in half.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Where can I find a recipie for pie crust.? Would I use the wet or dry container? Thank you!
Pie doughs are a little more difficult and take a little practice. You can use either container and follow a general pie dough recipe for 1 crust. You will want to pulse the dough to incorporate the butter into the flour.
Date published: 2016-02-06
Can you make this recipe using fresh pumpkin rather than canned, and if so, what prep would need to be done before hand? Also, is it ok to use full eggs and milk instead?
I made my first homemade pumpkin pie from sugar pumpkins I cooked in the crockpot & pureed with the skin in my vitamix. I used about 2 cups of pumpkin puree, 2 eggs and a can of sweetened condensed milk with some pumpkin pie spice.. It was delicious! Perfect smooth texture, just the right pumpkin taste, sweet to spice!
Date published: 2015-11-28
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|