Low Fat Pumpkin Pie
- 1 cup (240 ml) egg substitute
- 3 1/2 cups (850 g) pumpkin, canned
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups (720 ml) evaporated low fat milk
- 3 unbaked 9-inch (22.5 cm) pie shells
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 20-25 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into three 9-inch (23 cm) unbaked deep-dish pie shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Bake for 40 minutes.
- Filling will be soft, but firms up as it sets and cools.
- Chill and serve topped with whipped topping.
For one pie, cut recipe in half.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Can you make this recipe using fresh pumpkin rather than canned, and if so, what prep would need to be done before hand? Also, is it ok to use full eggs and milk instead?
Yes you could use full eggs and milk for this recipe. It will have a richer flavor but many more calories. We have not done any recipes to assist with making a fresh pumpkin substitute for canned. You could use fresh pumpkin but you may not be able to replicate the flavor you are used to from the canned pumpkin. Roast the fresh pumpkin, when tender puree with a pumpkin pie spice and possibly a little brown sugar. This may take a while to perfect the taste you are used to.
Date published: 2015-11-03
Where can I find a recipie for pie crust.? Would I use the wet or dry container? Thank you!
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|