Mango Coconut Sorbet
Dried and frozen mango combine with shredded coconut and lime juice for intense tropical flavor—a sweet yet healthy final course.
- ½ cup (35 g) unsweetened flaked coconut, reserving 1 Tablespoon for garnish
- ½ cup dried mango
- ½ cup (120 ml) almond milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups (300 g) frozen mango
- Soak dried mango in the milk until soft (overnight or one hour in advance).
- Place all ingredients, including the soaking milk, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30 to 60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form in the mixture.
- Garnish with reserved coconut and serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Mango Coconut Sorbet is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by VigoaCuisine from 20 yrs of daily restaurant use survived employees! Vitamix was the absolute work horse of our restaurant and Olive Oil Company. We made smoothies soups ground our own flours. It survived employees that dropped the container on the floor more than a few times. It even survived the time an employee chewed up the tamper because she put on the lid upside down! We got rid of her, but kept the Vitamix!!! You won't regret this purchase!
Date published: 2016-06-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pennyclh from Great flavour but too soft This is a great recipe for vegan and has really rich mango flavour. The only down side is too soft to be serve as a sorbet.
Date published: 2016-02-05
When making ice cream or sorbet it is delicious but a bit soft. If making for 6 or 8 people it becomes a smoothie. How do I firm up the texture to serve in a dish rather than a cup.
You shouldnt have to run your machine any longer when making for 6 or 8 people be sure you are using your tamper and shiut the machine off as soon as you see the four mounds form. All of our ice creams, frozen yogurts and sorbets are a bit like a soft serve. A great way to firm them up is make the recipe in advance, scoop into your dishes and freeze them.
Date published: 2016-11-11