Mango Coconut Sorbet
Dried and frozen mango combine with shredded coconut and lime juice for intense tropical flavor—a sweet yet healthy final course.
- 1/2 cup (4 g) unsweetened shredded coconut, reserving 1 Tablespoon for garnish
- 4 slices (120 ml) dried mango, unsweetened and unsulfured
- 1/2 cup unsweetened hemp, almond, or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 (10-ounce) bag, (284 g) frozen mango chunks
- Soak dried mango in the soy milk until soft (overnight or one hour in advance).
- Place all ingredients, including the soaking milk, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30 to 60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form in the mixture.
- Garnish with reserved coconut and serve immediately.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Mango Coconut Sorbet is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by VigoaCuisine from 20 yrs of daily restaurant use survived employees! Vitamix was the absolute work horse of our restaurant and Olive Oil Company. We made smoothies soups ground our own flours. It survived employees that dropped the container on the floor more than a few times. It even survived the time an employee chewed up the tamper because she put on the lid upside down! We got rid of her, but kept the Vitamix!!! You won't regret this purchase!
Date published: 2016-06-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pennyclh from Great flavour but too soft This is a great recipe for vegan and has really rich mango flavour. The only down side is too soft to be serve as a sorbet.
Date published: 2016-02-05