This sweet, chunky salsa makes a great appetizer or chicken garnish.
- 2 semi-ripe mangos, pitted, chunked, unpeeled
- 1 cup (16 g) fresh cilantro
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled or approximately 3/4 cup chopped
- 1 jalapeño, halved, seeded
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice or lemon juice
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. If necessary, use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while processing.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How long will this mango salsa keep in the refrigerator?
With any food item in the refrigerator it is better to eat them quickly as the flavor and nutrients will diminish over time. You can reference the USDA to get an official recommended time, but 3-4 days is a average time.
Date published: 2016-06-28