Mango Sauce for Chicken
- 12 ounces boneless chicken breasts (4 breasts)
- 1/4 cup (38 g) chopped green bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) low sodium chicken stock
- 2 mangos, pitted, peeled, divided use
- 1 orange, peeled, halved
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch (.6 cm) thick. Sauté chicken with green peppers in olive oil. Remove saucepan from heat and keep warm.
- To make the sauce, place chicken stock, one mango, orange, and ginger into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan with the chicken and green pepper. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Cube remaining mango, add to sauce and take off heat.
Serve over rice.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 120 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|