Maple Chipotle Vinaigrette
Tart and smoky with a touch of heat, the perfect dressing over a pork tenderloin salad.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh orange juice
- 1/2-inch (1.3 cm) piece orange peel
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) pure maple syrup
- 7 Tablespoons (105 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 fresh lemon, peeled
- 1 teaspoon chopped canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 to 25 seconds or until emulsified.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Can the oil be left out? What would you substitute?
You can always use tofu or even an avocado for an oil substitute when making a vinaigrette. Another option is to use coconut oil, walnut oil, grapeseed oil, etc if you were just looking for a substitute for the olive oil.
Date published: 2016-10-12